Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I fix my battery for my 13" Macbook?

I have a 13%26quot; Mac-book and i have had it for about one and a half years. This is its info:

Mac OS X Version 10.5.6

2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM



I have just returned to my mac-book after about 9 weeks of it not being used, and I can't get my battery to hold a charge. In the battery status thing in the menu bar, it says (Not Charging), and i can only get my computer to stay on if i have the AC Adapter plugged in. When it is plugged in, it is showing a green light. When i try to press that little button on the battery, it doesn't light up whatsoever.

This is the Info about my battery that you may find useful

and i tray to change battery and also not ChargingHow do I fix my battery for my 13%26quot; Macbook?
Might be the charging circuit in your laptop that has broke, can you get a battery from anyone to try in your laptop to see if it will charge? If no batterys will charge then thats your problem.



Even if the battery was knackered then it should still at least show that its charging on your laptop. Not familiar with macs but if you go into your BIOS settings that will also display info about your battery health and if it is actually charging or not.