Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I change the battery in my computer? ?

I have an 8 year old Dell Desktop Dimension 4300 and I don't know where to find the battery. I'm assuming it's inside the tower somewhere. I don't even know what it looks like for that matter. Can you help me please? I'd be ever so grateful. ThanksHow do I change the battery in my computer? ?
Most desktop computers have a small, coin-shaped battery, about the size of a U.S. nickel. The type is usually a CR2032. It will be mounted somewhere on the motherboard, and should be easily accessible. Pry it out gently with a screwdriver, and place the new one in.



Example replacement battery:



http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.



What it looks like mounted on a motherboard:



http://www.stealthwarriors.com/_content/How do I change the battery in my computer? ?
Hi,



Do you still have the manual that came with your computer system? There should be some information in there explaining how to replace the backup battery for the motherboard.



The battery you are looking for is a coin shape silvery color button battery (Lithium Button Battery), the battery should be located somewhere on the motherboard.



Remove the catch that is holding down the battery in place %26amp; replace it with an identical battery which can be obtained in most DIY stores.



Hope the above helps

How do I change the battery in my computer? ?
Here you go: http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/aHow do I change the battery in my computer? ?
Thank you very very much...All of you are Tops in my book



smallerladybug