Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change the battery pack in a Norelco 905RX razor from 1990?

i'm not sure how to take the old pack out and put a new one in.How do I change the battery pack in a Norelco 905RX razor from 1990?
I just recently changed a battery on one and the razor is held together by 4 very small torx screws. I didn't have a torx bit that small but was able to use a small screw driver to take them out. The replacement batteries are two separate 3 volt batteries connected together by a metal band. I ordered mine off line from: http://www.totalvac.com/parts/norelcobat for $7.95 plus shipping. If you plan on doing so I would recommend having them shipped by mail. It's quicker and cheaper.

The wires to the old batteries have to be un-soldered and the new ones soldered in to the tabs on each end of the new ones. ...Good Luck... They are the BT-2SC and the price is for both.. I mis-read the model of your razor but I'm sure the procedure would be the same. So the battery for your razor would be one of the others on the page... Sorry.