Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the battery in my Focus keyfob?

My remote locking no longer works, so I have bought a replacement battery - CR2032. Now when I replace the battery, I have been reliably informed I will need to programme the key to work with the car. Anybody know how this works?



The car is a 2001 Ford Focus. The key is a radio, rather than infra-red type.How do I change the battery in my Focus keyfob?
Best thing is to take it and the car to a dealer....you only have a limited time to change the battery, before it loses the code altogether, they will usually do it for free too.How do I change the battery in my Focus keyfob?
you dont state if you have a handbook for your vehicle so i will assume you dont the best thing to do is go to your local ford dealer or anyone who cuts keys ie remote control etc and they shoukd be able to help you good luck