Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the battery in my '06 Corolla fob?

I recently got married, about 9 months after a bought a new '06 Corolla. I never had any use for the second fob that came with it, and I'm not sure whether it was used at all. I misplaced the fob until about a 1 month ago and decided to give it to my wife to use with my car. The key works fine, but the fob does not. I am sure it is the fob for that car, and yet I can not get it to work. So I called Toyota and they said they'd charge me $90 just to look at it! I don't think so... So I am trying to find a cheaper way to fix it myself.

Even though I don't think it was used much if at all, it's possible the battery died. How can I change the battery in the fob myself without having to fork out $100+?How do I change the battery in my %26039;06 Corolla fob?
Just open it up and replace the battery, it should use a small watch battery. If it has screws un screw them, if no screws just pop it apart. Or take it to store that installs alarms and ask them to replace the battery for you. $100.00 is way to much, I got a replacement for the missing one for my truck for $50.00, an installer can code you a new one for less than $100.00How do I change the battery in my %26039;06 Corolla fob?
Even if it is just the battery, a lot of times when you let them go dead for a long period of time, they have to b e reprogrammed at the dealership anyway. Your looking at a $25-$50 charge there in itself.