Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change the battery life meter from percentage to amount of time?

I have a HP Pavilion dv5 running on Windows Vista, and i want the battery life to be displayed in time, rather than percentage.How can I change the battery life meter from percentage to amount of time?
I suggest you try asking your question in the HP forums at http://www.hp-forums.com. You can interact with other HP users to ask and answer questions about your machines. It's a really good tool because everyone has similar issues that they need to solve. You can also find and request drivers. Good luck!How can I change the battery life meter from percentage to amount of time?
my guess is battery drains faster when fans or hard drive are kicking in or intense cpu usage so time would only be a rough estimate. Do not be surprised if it shuts down before time runs out.