Thursday, June 2, 2011

My bmw e36 has a immobilizer, I'm planning to change the battery. How can I reset the immobilizer?

If its a factory fitted immobiliser you will need to disconnect the battery. Before you reconnect, turn the ignition to the on position and making sure the door or window is open so the central locking wont kick in then reconnect the battery.My bmw e36 has a immobilizer, I%26039;m planning to change the battery. How can I reset the immobilizer?
If you mean anti-theft by immobilizer, then it does not need any resetting. What you have to reset is the time and date, and when you turn on the radio for the first time you have to input the radio code.

Some people can even save themselves the trouble of doing this by hooking up another battery (or a charger) to the jump points inside the engine compartment before changing the battery.

Just remember to turn off the ignition key and all the lights/accessories before replacing the battery to prevent any current surge from potentially damaging any electronic component.My bmw e36 has a immobilizer, I%26039;m planning to change the battery. How can I reset the immobilizer?
Tony C is correct. I had a sweet 1989 Nissan 240SX that had the same kind of thing. You had to have the key ignition on, because if it was off the car would think it was trying to be hotwired and shut itself off.



How car thieves get around some things, i will never know.