Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to change a battery on a 2004 honda shadow?

I have a 2004 Honda shadow 600 VLX. My battery is dead. I don't want to spend the money to have someone do it for me, but I don't know how to do it myself. I can take the side covers off and that's it. I don't know if i need to get metric tools for the rest, or if I need to take the seat off. A step by step walk-throw would help me a lot.How to change a battery on a 2004 honda shadow?
Your tool kit should be in a dark blue plastic bag behind the left side cover.



Take off the side covers.

On the right side is a battery cover with two bolts. Remove the bolts with a 10mm socket or wrench.

Remove the plastic cover they hold and you'll be able to see the battery.

Push the battery in, go to the left side of the bike and locate the negative post. Remove the cable.

Remove the positive cable.

The battery may have to be turned, a little, to clear your exhaust pipes when you remove it.
  • windows xp
  • reptiles
  •