Thursday, June 2, 2011

I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?

I have a 2001 ford transit and have located the battery, but don't know how to get it out, can anyone help?I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
You need to slide forward the driver`s seat to expose the battery loosen the 13mm bolt at the base of battery , then loosen the earth strap bolt ( might be 13mm or 10mm ) Then loosen the positive terminal the same way . lift out the battery .

Make sure you have the code for your radio as you will loose this when you change the battery .

Insert the new battery connect the positive lead first , then the negative , then put the clamp back on .

to install the code for the radio :

if your code is for example 2345 press the number 1 button until it get`s to number 2 , press the 2 button till it get to number 3 , on so on press the number 5( on some model`s it is number 6) to enter the code .

If however you do not have the code take out the radio and email me the serial number and i will send you the code for your radio ( for free ) some places will charge you 拢15 for the code !

. to remove the radio :

Get a metal coat hanger cut 2 length`s ( using pliers or side cutter`s ) approx 6%26quot; long bend the wire into a %26quot; u %26quot; shape and insert them into the holes at the side of the radio pull them both at the same slightly pulling them opposite each other then remove the radio .

to re insert it just push it back into it`s slot and it will click into place !I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
The Earth? Brits sure talk funny.

Anyhow, you always take the ground/negative/earth/black lead off first and put it on last. The reason is because if you short the wrench to the chassis while you're taking the ground off, it doesn't matter. And once the ground is off, it doesn't hurt if you short the wrench to the chassis while you're taking the positive/+/red/hot/sky? lead off.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
why dont you read the manual guide ?I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
good god if you can not change a battery you realy need help.

can you drive?I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
Disconnect the battery first then down the side off the battery

There should be a 13mm bolt which screws into the battery shelf

May need a ratchet handle and long extension ber for this

The 13mm bolt hold the battery in place with a clamp that Clamps over the edge of the battery so it can't fall off.

Before refitting the battery make sure everything is switched of in the van and if it has central locking keep the door key in your pocket best of luck.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
Lift the drivers seat up exposing a cover lift that gently,exposing the battery loosen the negative terminal first(black) then Positive then you need a 10mm socket and ratchet or like.Look inside batt compartment toward centre you will see a 10mm bolt remove,Next look on outside of batt comp toward drivers door you will see another 10mm bolt next look back inside batt comp toward rear the final 10mm bolt will be visible remove all these and the clamp will lift out enabling removal of battery.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
Disconnect the earth first,then the live,loosen clamps at base of battery and remove.Do the opposite to refit.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
On most Fords there's a securing plate with a bolt through it that grips the bottom lip on edge of the battery at one side, it is usually a 13 mm nut, be carefull not to drop it. It's right at the bottom edge of the battery, clamping the battery to the battery tray, and it's usually quite corroded and difficult to reach, so give it loads of WD40 first, and take a torch.



Good luck.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
I am from the US and we can't buy a Transit which sucks because the Sprinter is the closest match and there is a supply problem and can't buy one. I need one for my mobile auto repair business. Never seen a Transit but I can give you basic info on replacing your battery. Over here Fords have 3 styles of battery hold down clamps. The most popular the other guys already spoke of. Some vehicles there is alot of crap in the way where these stupid auto engineers can't build a car where mechanics like me can't do a simple job without charging the customer alot of labor. Heck a few cars you have to take a tire off, go figure. If your van is like that, just think about what will make your job easier. Remove everything close by. That battery is heavy and you don't want to break anything if you accidently drop it pulling it out. If it is the one that has the 13mm clamp bolt then just follow their instuctions. The other type that is similiar is the one that has either a 8 or 10mm long bolt to the hold down block. These break pretty easily so spray it down with lube first--%26gt; You have to think like these stupid engineers. The last type which is like most other cars is that it has 2 long bolts with hooks on them with a bracket connecting them. Those hooks go into the battery tray and nuts at the top tighten down to hold the battery in place. Your van is somewhat new so you shouldn't have too much of a problem with bolts breaking but you never know. Just remember hard turn = hard lube.



If you are a Do It Yourselfer you can join my group at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Do_I

This group is designed to help others in any repairs or maintenance for their own vehicles. You will find that this group the most informative group ever. We do have wiring diagrams that are in color, code diagnostics, or step by step help when needed. Everybody gets stumped once in a while and we have good techs here that can help each other out. We also have people that are shade tree and need help themselves.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
Most batteries are held in place with some type of clamp which is bolted to the tray that it resides on. You would, therefore, need to disconnect the terminals (positive first) then undo the bolt(s) holding the clamp in place. The battery should then just lift out.I need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
all you need is a 10mm spanner for the terminals and a 10mm socket for the clamp which is down the side of the battery,, if you lose your stereo code let me have the serial number of stereo and i will give you the codeI need to change the battery on my ford transit, help?
yes, where are you
  • black hair styles
  • hoping for some advice
  •