Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I open the remote fob to change the battery for my 2007 chevy colbalt?

There doesnt seem to be a way?? I tried a coin (too small) and a small screw driver... Is there a secret?How do I open the remote fob to change the battery for my 2007 chevy colbalt?
You mean for the remote clicker? I took my boyfriend's and threw it against the wall and it opened right up. That was of course by accident and I don't advise you do it to yours. I have the same clicker as you, I have a Saturn and that's a universal part. If you look at the bottom right corner of the remote it has a wider opening for you to insert something to open it right up. It's gonna take a little elbow grease but once you find something to pop it open it'll work. Did you try the car key itself? Or perhaps a butterknife?